Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's been a while...

Words from Brenda-
How do you prepare for colonoscopy and have a panic attack? I mean so bad that you start to cry hysterically and can't go through procedure unless your daughter is there holding your hand? But be so at ease preparing for brain surgery?! In the weeks that have passed since my surgery I have heard the words brain surgery over a dozen times. News, tv shows. Grey's anatomy, Farrah Fawcett's Story. One fiction, one non fiction. Fear is a very real emotion. Something that we all have experienced in a lifetime. Some insignificant and others very significant. A colleague called me because she knew of my recent brain surgery. I spoke to her and explained my story but everyone is different. I wanted to keep her positive and upbeat. I heard the fear in her voice her words cracking as she spoke. She divulged that 3 tumors were found. And she had no movement in 3 fingers. So it was determined that her tumor was not in the same location as mine. She's spending 3 days in the hospital and will have to wait several weeks before she finds out if it benign or not. It made her very concerned that titanium screws will be put in her head. When I was told about the titanium that seemed like the least of worries. I will call her tomorrow to give her support. I don't want to think about what I will say to her I'm hoping the right words will just flow. I am so lucky, thank you God.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: