Saturday, October 4, 2008

forgive me

I know I haven't been informative the last few days.

So much to do, so little time?

Mommy has been "ok" lately. I think it's getting to her knowing that she really has to take it slow and that she can't do that much just yet. I have been taking her to get coffee in the morning and yesterday she took a walk around the block-- halfway-- we cut through the garage driveway. She's been taking naps but more like her usual nap as opposed to actually trying to get rest because she's tired and needs it. After coffee and air, I try to get her to take her Dilantin, which is anti-seizure medication (it's just a precaution as a lot of brain surgery/tumor patients have seizures- luckily she's never had one), and go to sleep and she wants to stay up and watch tv until later in the afternoon and then wake up an hour later.

She doesn't like to take pain meds, so she's been on 2 Tylenol every 4 hours (when I am there to make her take it).

She won't tell me how she's feeling, just "I'm ok". I ask if she has pain and she denies it most of the time. I ask her if she's upset about the facial swelling and she doesn't say she is. But you just know she's not herself. I wasn't expecting her to be but I'd like for her to be more honest and say... this hurts, or this swelling sucks, or something other than, I'm ok. Unless it's true. Please don't think I that I want her to feel bad, but I just want her to relay her true feelings to me instead of trying to protect me.

I am going to be 31 in 2 weeks... I can handle it.

I've made her dinner yesterday and today... if you know me that just shows how much I love her because I. Don't. Cook. Um, at all. And I made fish for her. Fish. Ew. But I knew that would make her happy.

So all in all, the swelling was a surprise to me, Troy said that the nurse or doctor said it could happen, but I don't recall.

Let me go get my little patient some ice cream!

No comments: