Tuesday, September 30, 2008

They're lucky I wasn't here.

Ok, so it started last night. You know, the night of her major brain surgery. So her room is right outside of the nurses station and they were REALLY loud. She said something to one of the nurse while I was here and they quieted down. So I left last night and we kept her door shut. She said that they were so loud that she complained (not really complained as much as notified) the head nurse for them to be quiet.
This morning the clinical manager stopped by to apologize.
So, I left around 3:30. I was exhausted and wanted to take a nap (I got here around 10).
Mommy calls me when I got home and said that the nurses were giving her evil looks. So I tell Troy and he calls his contacts and Dr. Kotapka happened to stop by shortly after that call.

I get back around 6:30 and Mommy says, "I didn't want to tell you over the phone, but I went to the bathroom and the nurse left me." Apparently she pulled the emergency cord and waited about 13 minutes and her nurse never came. My Mommy the brain surgery patient walked herself out of the bathroom, washed her hands (sink in the room as opposed to the bathroom) and got herself into bed.

Are you kidding me?!?! You know that I think they were angry that my Mom complained about the noise. I could see if they hadn't poked around in and removed something from her brain. I could see if she didn't have a friggin drain stuck and hanging out of her head to keep fluid out of her brain.

But since, they've been really nice and more quiet. Lucky for them nothing happened to her. She could have tripped, fallen, fainted. How would they explain that?

It wasn't her normal nurse that did it.

By the way, she knew it was 13 minutes because she'd texted me to tell me she had to pee.

I hope tonight is better or they might have a guest visitor.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: