Monday, September 29, 2008

Close up

She's still doing good. Just getting pain meds. She keeps thinking I am going to leave. Ha!! She won't get rid of me that easily!

Deja and Troy just left. Dayz was a little sad seeing her Nanee so vulnerable, but knowing that the tumor is gone is worth it.

I spoke to Dr. Kotapka and he says that he's almost certain it was a meningioma (the benign tumor) and she'll just need to have MRIs once a year for the next 5 years. She should leave the ICU in 2 days and be discharged from hospital on Friday.

She's been getting steroids to keep her brain from swelling. She's also able to drink now, no food. She's peeing a LOT! The nurse just said that the surgery she had affects urination. The fact that she's had about 12 big cups of water in the past hour probably has more to do with it than anything.

Lab work comes back within the week to make sure it was benign. Once we get that info we can REALLY celebrate!!! Donations? I kid!!!

Thanks so much to everyone that has called/texted/emailed! It means so much to us. I am also thankful of the prayers!

Ugh. She's watching Dancing with the Stars. Its not even mildly entertaining.

I'm gonna go wash her face now.

Good night!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I found your blog on crackberry & I just wanted to tell u I've been right here praying for you, and how beautiful your love is for your mama. (Also your mom favors my grandmalol.) Peace & Blessings Mija

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for your prayers!!!